This playful drink, a riff on an infamously strong party punch, is one of the top sellers at New Orleans–inspired restaurant Holywater. About half of a pony of Miller High Life is gently floated over the top to create a two-tone appearance; the remainder of the drink is served on the side, as a chaser.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably Sinpatch
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce purple Kool-Aid syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 7-ounce pony Miller High Life, to top
Garnish: paper umbrella or gummy shark
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, lime juice and Kool-Aid syrup with Kold-Draft ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass over fresh Kold-Draft ice.
- Top the drink by pouring about half of the Miller High Life over the back of a spoon, so it floats on top of the drink.
- Garnish with a paper umbrella and/or a gummy shark. Serve with the remaining Miller High Life on the side.
Combine 1 quart of simple syrup (1:1, sugar to water) with 10 grams of unsweetened grape Kool-Aid powder. Stir to combine.