“The flavor profile of PX [sherry] consists of chocolate, dried fruits, spices, coffee, black tea, treacle, molasses [and] burnt sugar,” explains Mockingbird Hill’s Chantal Tseng, who blends it with rum and lime for a more complex, winter-ready riff on the Daiquiri. In place of simple syrup, the PX lends a “complex rich twist, like the addition of bitters, but more rounded with it’s rich, textured sweetness,” she explains.
- 1 1/2 ounces rhum agricole, preferably Damoiseau Blanc
- 3/4 ounce Pedro Ximenéz sherry, preferably Gonzalez-Byass Nectar PX Sherry
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
Garnish: grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a shaking tin and shake well.
- Double strain and pour into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.