A nonalcoholic take on the swizzle, Lydia McLuen combines the tropical flavor of pineapple gum syrup with mint tea, lemon, Seedlip Garden and a bar spoon of umeboshi plum vinegar for a drink she describes as “refreshing, not too sweet and deeply satisfying.”
- 2 ounces Seedlip Garden
- 3/4 ounce chilled flash-brewed mint tea (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/2 ounce pineapple gum syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 bar spoon umeboshi plum vinegar, preferably Rare Tea Co.
Garnish: mint bouquet
- Pour all of the ingredients except the vinegar into a chilled Collins glass.
- Fill the glass halfway with pebble ice, then swizzle until frosty.
- Top with more pebble ice, forming a mound above the rim.
- Pour the vinegar over the top, then garnish with a lavish mint bouquet.
Chilled Flash-Brewed Mint Tea
5 grams Smith Teamaker single-origin spearmint tea
2 liters boiling water
Combine loose-leaf spearmint tea with boiling water and let steep for 1 minute. Strain into a second container over 2 cups of pebble ice.