Powered by Laphroaig, a notably peaty Scotch, this spirit-forward drink was developed for Slowly Shirley’s film noir-themed menu, which debuted in the fall of 2018. A pairing of smoky whisky, mezcal, nutty amontillado sherry and bittersweet coffee liqueur, this drink is, according to beverage director Jim Kearns, “a big, bold drink that tastes like coffee and smoke.”
- 1 ounce mezcal
- 3/4 ounce amontillado sherry
- 3/4 ounce Galliano Ristretto coffee liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Elijah Craig bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch
Garnish: thick piece of lemon peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a double rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with lemon peel.