Curaçao steps up to center stage in this elegant (and easy) gin cocktail from Atlanta’s Greg Best. The drink can be stirred and served up or made long by pouring the stirred drink over ice and topping it with soda. Win, win.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Beefeater
- 3/4 ounce Pierre Ferrand dry curaçao
- 3/4 ounce Dolin dry vermouth
- 2 dashes Regan's Orange Bitters No.6
Garnish: lemon peel
- In a mixing glass, stir all ingredients with cracked ice until well chilled.
- Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass, and garnish with a large lemon peel.
This drink can also be made long by following above directions, then straining over fresh ice into a tall glass. Add 2 – 3 ounces of club soda and stir. Garnish with a swath of lemon peel and a sprig of fresh mint or rosemary.