The Ranglum was invented by bartender Gonçalo de Sousa Monteiro in Berlin in the aughts and has since become a known entity at craft cocktail bars across Germany. If you order one, you’ll be adjudged a knowledgeable connoisseur. Ask for one in Paris or London, however, and you’ll get a blank stare.
- 1 1/2 ounces aged rum, preferably Goslings Black Seal
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- heavy 1/4 ounce falernum
- heavy 1/4 ounce overproof rum, preferably Wray & Nephew
Garnish: lime wedge
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.