Selena Donovan’s Rebuttal Cocktail is a riff on the Tuxedo #2, a maraschino- and absinthe-tinted Martini variation. Her sleek update on the classic replaces gin with Grey Goose vodka and amplifies the garnish game with an olive and a lemon twist. “I’m a firm believer that a lady shouldn’t have to choose just one garnish,” says Donovan.
- 2 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably Grey Goose Original
- 3/4 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Noilly Prat Extra Dry
- 1 barspoon maraschino liqueur, preferably Maraska
- 2 dashes orange bitters, preferably Regans'
- 1 dash absinthe, preferably St. George or Vieux Pontarlier
Garnish: olive, lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with an olive and a lemon twist.