A playful nod to the classic midcentury rye cocktail, Remember The Maine, this drink summons the cherry flavors of sweet vermouth to play against the cocoa hint of the bitters, while Belvedere Vodka’s Smogóry Forest, from the Single Estate Rye series, supplies a velvety texture. The dash of absinthe comes through on the clean, anise-y finish, making for a perfect after-dinner drink that’s light in texture but dessert-like in flavor.
- 1 1/2 ounces Belvedere Smogóry Forest vodka
- 1/3 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1 dash absinthe
- 2 dashes chocolate bitters
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a tumbler over ice.
- Garnish with an orange twist.