“I’ve always said this is the best cocktail I’ve ever created,” says Alex Jump of her peanut butter Daiquiri, a drink she’s kept in her back pocket for years after first trying something similar in Puerto Rico, tinkering with the formula every now and again. “This is kind of like my 2.0 version,” she says. In the cocktail, peanut butter-infused rum is complemented by banana liqueur. Says Jump, “It’s so pleasant, it kind of tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.”
Alex Jump, Death & Co. Denver | Denver
- 2 ounces peanut butter-washed rum (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur, preferably Tempus Fugit Crème de Banane
- 1/4 ounce cane syrup (2:1 cane sugar:water)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
Garnish: lime wedge
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Peanut Butter-Washed Rum:
15 grams creamy peanut butter
1L rum, preferably Plantation 3 Stars
Combine and blend all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender. Store in a freezer overnight. Strain the mixture, then run it through a centrifuge to remove any particles.