At Otis in Brooklyn, bartender Channing Centeno opts for a smoky mezcal base in his Revenge of the Line. Complemented by yellow Chartreuse, lime and charred pineapple, the drink reads like a beachside bonfire in a glass.
- 1 3/4 ounces mezcal
- 1/4 ounce yellow Chartreuse
- 3/4 ounce charred pineapple (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 ounce lemon juice
Garnish: pineapple dipped in chile powder
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with pineapple dipped in chile powder.
250 grams charred pineapple
750 grams rich simple syrup (2:1, sugar:water)
Combine all ingredients in a Vitamix and blend, then strain through a chinois.