A cross between an Old-Fashioned and a Mint Julep named after the smell of BBQ, this recipe is a modified version of the drink served at White Lyan. The drink is pre-diluted and can be poured straight from the rerfrigerator into a chilled glass with a lemon twist. No ribs were harmed in making of this.
- 11 ounces Ribs syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 11 ounces bourbon
- 5 ounces water
- 1 ounce citric acid 10% solution
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a sealable container and store in the refrigerator.
- Pour into a chilled rocks glass when ready to serve.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
1/8 teaspoon lapsang souchong tea
1 teabag black tea
1/4 teaspoon mint tea
1/4 teaspoon dried chipotle pepper (deseeded)
17 1/2 ounces boiling water
6 ounces white sugar
Blend all the teas together with the chipotle pepper in a jug. Add half of the boiling water and let infuse for three minutes. Strain and set the infusion aside. Infuse the tea leaves again with the remaining boiling water. Strain again. Blend the two infusions and add the sugar. Stir until dissolved.