A classic technique for adding aroma to a cocktail, perhaps most famously used to mist trace amounts of vermouth into an otherwise super-dry Martini, involves decanting spirits into an atomizer to gently spray over the top of a finished drink. Here, absinthe is spritzed over a finished twist on the Garibaldi, a cocktail made with orange juice and Campari, for a more spiritous, aromatic aperitivo.
- 1 1/4 ounces gin, preferably The Botanist
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 1 barspoon grenadine
- 2 spritzes absinthe, preferably Pernod
Garnish: orange slice sprinkled with salt
- Combine the first four ingredients in a Collins glass, then stir and add spear ice (or cubes).
- Using an atomizer, spritz the absinthe over the top of the drink.
- Garnish with an orange slice sprinkled with salt.