This Jungle Bird omits rum altogether, putting focus on amari as well as cold-brew coffee. Says Spirit Guide (yep, that’s her title) Nandini Khaund, “In designing a menu for a hotel filled with travellers, escapism and wanderlust is always an inspiration. This riff on the Jungle Bird would ideally be drunk in the afternoon on the Italian Riviera, but looking out towards Chicago’s lakefront in the sun feels pretty good, too.”
- 1 ounce Amaro Meletti
- 1/4 ounce Campari
- 3/4 ounce pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce demerara syrup (1:1, demerara sugar:water)
- 1 ounce cold-brew coffee, preferably La Colombe "Pure Black"
- pinch Maldon sea salt
Garnish: cinnamon stick
- In a shaking tin, combine all ingredients except garnish and shake with ice.
- Strain onto a mound of crushed ice.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick inserted between the ice and side of the glass.