A sour triple threat, the Ronnie Buders includes a sour beer gastrique alongside sour mash and sourdough tincture.
- 1 3/4 ounces sour mash, preferably Michter's
- 1/2 ounce sour beer gastrique (see Editor's Note)
- 7 dashes sourdough tincture (see Editor's Note)
Garnish: Sour Patch Kids
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and stir with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with Sour Patch Kids.
Sour Beer Gastrique:
1 cup cherry concentrate
2 pounds turbinado sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 pint sour beer
1 pint water
Combine cherry concentrate, sugar and salt in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar begins to melt. Stir until sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to caramelize (about five minutes). Remove from heat. Add the beer slowly while stirring. Then, add the water. Allow the mixture to cool, and strain.
250 grams sourdough, sliced and toasted
3 cups Everclear
1 cups vodka
Combine all ingredients in a large Mason jar and allow it to steep for two weeks, then strain.