There is no ice cream or root beer in this drink, but a mix of cream, amari, sarsaparilla bitters and stout certainly do a fine job of pretending. This bittersweet, fluffy mixture—which takes its inspiration from the Italian Futurist approach to mixology—is somewhere in between a Ramos Gin Fizz and the soda fountain classic.
- 1 ounce Amaro Ramazzotti
- 1/2 ounce Branca Menta
- 2 ounces stout
- 1 ounce cream
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1 egg white
- 2 dashes sarsaparilla bitters
- soda, to top
- Add Branca Menta, Ramazzotti, cream, simple syrup and egg white to a mixing glass or tin and dry shake.
- Add stout and ice and shake quickly.
- Pour over ice into a Collins glass.
- Top with soda and two dashes of sasparilla bitters.