Always a welcome term, Rosé All Day can only mean one thing: It’s going to be a good day. This refreshing spritz cocktail is a staple at the Broken Shaker, a Miami Beach bar that resembles a Santeria alter covered in a jungle of herbs and candles. Its bright, high-acid base provides the slender backbone for a layer of tangy tropical fruit shrub, a topper of sparkling wine and aromatic mint-lemon garnish.
- 2 ounces rosé
- 1 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 1 ounce papaya shrub (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce prosecco
Garnish: lemon wheel and mint sprig
- Add rosé, Cocchi, shrub and lemon juice to a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain over ice into a wine glass.
- Top with prosecco.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and a mint sprig.
To make papaya shrub, add 5-8 chunks of papaya and 4 tablespoons sugar to 1 quart of rice wine vinegar. Stir to mix and let sit at room temperature for 1 week. Strain and refrigerate until ready to use.