Jim Meehan’s nearly two decades of tweaking his Rose spec have resulted in this, his fourth major version, which he serves at Takibi in Portland, Oregon. The local cherry eau de vie, made with Rainier cherries and matsutake mushrooms, and the red currant preserves work in concert to reflect a sense of place.
- 1 ounce blanc vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 1 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 3/4 ounce cherry eau de vie, preferably Stone Barn Brandyworks Cherry Matsutake Brandy
- 1 teaspoon red currant preserves
Garnish: cherry griotte
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir to chill.
- Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with a cherry griotte on a pick.