“I like the way cassis plays into café and pastis culture,” says Will Elliott, who often likes to pair it with absinthe. “[Cassis] used to be regarded as a cool daytime drink—something that was socially barely even regarded as an intoxicant,” he adds. In his Rosetti, those herbal flavors come together when mixed with rosebuds, sloe gin and mint, built in a julep tin and served over crushed ice.
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1/4 ounce demerara syrup, 2:1 demerara sugar to water
- 3/4 ounce sloe gin, preferably Hayman's
- 3/4 ounce cassis
Garnish: Mint sprigs, dried rose bud
- Build in a julep tin over crushed ice.
- Serve with two sip sticks.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and a dried rose bud.