At The Franklin, Evan Wolf, Matt LoFink and Jason Sorbet have implemented a few subtle tweaks to the classic Rosita Cocktail. Their softer take still has plenty of character, swapping smoky tequila for mezcal and Aperol for Campari.
- 1 1/2 ounces smoked tequila, preferably Lunazul El Humoso
- 1/2 ounce Punt e Mes
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Dolin Dry
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
Garnish: expressed orange peel, dehydrated orange wheel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Express orange twist and discard.
- Garnish with a dehydrated orange wheel.