Run the Julius is what we’ve all been waiting for: a Campari Ramos. To the expected cream and Campari base, Annie Williams Pierce adds a hint of tropical fruit by way of banana liqueur while a small measure of Montenegro adds a subtle herbaceous quality as acid-adjusted orange juice lends a welcome citrus tang.
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce Amaro Montenegro
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur, preferably Giffard Banane du Brésil
- 3/4 ounce acid-adjusted orange juice (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce orange cordial (see Editor's Note)
- 1 egg white
- 1 ounce heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 ounces Topo Chico
- Add all ingredients except cream and Topo Chico to a cocktail tin and shake vigorously to integrate.
- Add the cream and two ice cubes to the cocktail tin and shake until the ice has completely incorporated.
- Double strain into a short, 8-ounce juice glass and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour the Topo Chico or other sparkling water into the glass to create that perfect frothy pillow.
Acid-Adjusted Orange Juice:
1 liter orange juice
20 grams malic acid
32 grams citric acid
7 parts strained orange juice
3 parts water
Combine the orange juice and water and then, in equal measure by volume, add white sugar and stir until dissolved.