Built on a rye base complemented by apple cordial, this autumnal highball is dispensed directly from an iSi at London’s Three Sheets.
- 6 1/2 ounces rye whiskey
- 5 ounces apple cordial (see Editor's Note)
- 1 3/4 ounces 30&40 Double Jus Aperitif de Normandie
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
- 17 ounces water
Garnish: orange twist
- Mix all ingredients together, then refrigerate until well-chilled. Also refrigerate the liter-sized iSi canister.
- Add the chilled liquid batch to the canister, charge it with one CO2 cartridge, then shake vigorously.
- Allow the mix to rest for 20 minutes, then charge with another CO2 cartridge and shake a couple of times.
- Rest in the refrigerator for as long as possible—at least 20 minutes—then de-gas the canister by pressing the trigger valve to boil off the CO2.
- Unscrew the cap and gently pour the drink into a highball glass over ice. Garnish with an orange twist.
Mix 500 grams sugar and 10 grams malic acid into 17 ounces freshly pressed apple juice. Once sugar and acid are dissolved, bottle the mixture. Store for up to 1 month.