This whiskey-based Crush variation uses Sagamore Spirit Rye, which is produced with spring water from Sagamore Farm, a thoroughbred horse breeding and training facility in Baltimore County.
- 1 1/2 ounces rye whiskey, preferably Sagamore Spirit
- 1/2 ounce triple sec , preferably Cointreau
- juice of one orange
- ginger ale, to top
Garnish: orange slice
- Combine rye and triple sec in a pint glass with ice.
- Squeeze fresh orange juice directly into glass and top with a splash of ginger ale.
- Garnish with an orange slice and drink immediately.