This floral approach to the Vesper is inspired by Japanese ingredients. “Kind of like how delicate cherry blossoms are, that’s how delicate this drink is,” says bar manager Ramón Clark.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably Haku
- 3/4 ounce gin, preferably Roku Gin
- 1/2 ounce Mancino Sakura vermouth
Garnish: manicured lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin, add ice and throw the cocktail six times (see Editor’s Note).
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Express oil from a lemon peel over the cocktail, then garnish the rim of the glass with a manicured lemon twist.
Throwing the cocktail cools and aerates the delicate spirits while still maintaining their integrity. A light stir over ice is also acceptable.