This floral approach to the Vesper is inspired by Japanese ingredients. “Kind of like how delicate cherry blossoms are, that’s how delicate this drink is,” says bar manager Ramón Clark.
Deep Dive | Seattle
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably Haku
- 3/4 ounce gin, preferably Roku Gin
- 1/2 ounce Mancino Sakura vermouth
Garnish: manicured lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin, add ice and throw the cocktail six times (see Editor’s Note).
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Express oil from a lemon peel over the cocktail, then garnish the rim of the glass with a manicured lemon twist.
Throwing the cocktail cools and aerates the delicate spirits while still maintaining their integrity. A light stir over ice is also acceptable.