“I was taking inspiration from my grandma’s chili Verde for this cocktail,” says Britt Fox of her combination of tequila, Cocchi Americano, muddled jalapeño and coriander seeds, topped with tonic. The result is a slightly vegetal, super bright and highly aromatic drink finished with a thin lime twist and cilantro bouquet.
- 2 slices jalapeño chiles
- 8 to 10 coriander seeds
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce reposado tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cocchi Americano or other blanc vermouth
- 4 ounces tonic water
Garnish: thin lime twist, small cilantro bouquet
- Muddle the jalapeño slices, coriander seeds and lime juice in a small tin or mixing pitcher.
- Add vermouth and tequila to the muddled ingredients, and stir briefly to combine.
- Combine tonic and the remainder of the mixed ingredients in an all purpose wine glass, add ice to fill and stir briefly to combine.
- Garnish with a small bundle of cilantro tied with a thin lime twist.