Some say a salted rim is essential to a Margarita or a Michelada. That’s up to you, but if you’re going all out, PUNCH recommends salting half the rim to avoid a mouthful with every sip.
- coarse salt
- 1 lime
- Pour coarse salt onto a small plate.
- To cut a lime wheel, cut a lime in half horizontally (not from pole to pole, but right down the middle).
- Cut a 1/4 inch wheel from one half of the cut lime, and then halve to create a half-wheel.
- Holding a coupe or rocks glass upside down to avoid juice running down the glass, run the lime slice carefully around half of the glass's outside rim to moisten.
- Instead of dropping the the glass straight into the salt, press the moistened outside rim into the plate of salt.
- Gently shake off any excess.