For his Salty Duncan, Jim Kearns calls on that all-important combination of sweet, sour and bitter. A mix of two types of citrus, blanc vermouth, cane syrup, Suze and Luxardo Bitter Bianco, served on the rocks with a salt rim, the cocktail drinks like summer appropriate riff on the Negroni Bianco.
Jim Kearns, The Happiest Hour and Slowly Shirley | New York
- 1 1/2 ounces Luxardo Bitter Bianco
- 1/2 ounce Suze
- 1/2 ounce blanc vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce cane syrup
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
Garnish: half salt rim, lime wedge
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Garnish with a half salt rim and a lime wedge.