Co-created by bartenders Pam Wiznitzer and Jonathan Pogash, this drink flips the traditional New York Sour. Instead of a float of red wine on top of the drink, here, sweet, viscous Manischewitz Concord grape wine sinks to the bottom.
- 2 ounces rye
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup(1:1, sugar:water)
- 3/4 ounce Manischewitz wine
Garnish: Luxardo maraschino cherry on a skewer
- Add the first three ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Drop in the Manischewitz; it should sink to the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish with Luxardo maraschino cherry on a skewer.