For his wine-based recipe, Dan Sabo combines a half bottle of young Rioja, plus bourbon, Spanish brandy, rich simple syrup and Ancho Reyes Verde for a fall-ready punch, built directly in the bottle.
Dan Sabo, Hotel Figeroa | Los Angeles
Yield: 1 750ml bottle
- 12 1/2 ounces Rioja
- 3 1/2 ounces Spanish brandy, preferably Torres 10 Gran Reserva
- 3 1/2 ounces bourbon, preferably Buffalo Trace
- 3 1/2 ounces lemon juice
- 1 ounce rich simple syrup (2:1, sugar:water)
- 1/2 ounce Ancho Reyes Verde
- Pour out half the bottle of wine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and re-cork the bottle.
- Shake the bottle to incorporate.
- Refrigerate before serving over ice.