Abigail Gullo’s Sanctity of The Gods, served at Loa Bar in New Orleans, celebrates the unique flora and fauna of the Mississippi River Delta. Hendrick’s limited-edition Neptunia gin gives the cocktail a distinct herbal character that complements a briny manzanilla sherry. A tincture of Vietnamese fish sauce and Sicilian olive oil provides an extra kick of umami.
Sanctity of The Gods
Abigail Gullo | New Orleans
- 2 ounces gin, preferably Hendrick’s Neptunia gin
- 1 ounce manzanilla sherry
- 5 drops of Sicilian-Vietnamese “vinaigrette” (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: lemon twist, Sicilian olives
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and Sicilian olives served on the side in a spent oyster shell.
Combine 2 parts unfiltered extra-virgin olive oil and 1 part fish sauce, and shake until emulsified before using.