“While I’m a fan of shochu in general, I like using Kuradashi Genshu from Satsuma in cocktails,” Kenta Goto says, noting that Kagoshima is “a mecca” of sweet potato shochu. At 37 percent ABV, this particular bottle is slightly higher proof and has a hint of toasty chocolate. Both features pair well in a coffee drink “served hot to allow the flavor and aroma of the shochu to come out more.”
- 2 ounces Satsuma Shiranami Kuradashi Genshu shochu
- 1 1/2 ounces water
- 3/4 ounce Mr Black cold brew coffee liqueur
- 1/4 ounce Nardini Mandorla almond liqueur
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin.
- Place the tin in hot water and heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour into mug or cup to serve.