In his low-proof highball, Tyson Buhler relies on rainwater Madeira as a base ingredient. Shaken with pineapple juice and lemon, plus dashes of saline and Angostura bitters, the drink is topped with Stillwater’s fruited Nu-Tropic IPA to round out its tropical notes.
- 2 ounces rainwater Madeira , preferably Henriques & Henriques
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1 dash saline solution (5:1, water:salt)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- fruited IPA, to top (preferably Stillwater Nu-Tropic)
Garnish: dried pineapple slice
- Combine all ingredients except the beer in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a pilsner glass over ice.
- Top with IPA.
- Garnish with a dried pineapple slice.