“When we do classic tiki cocktails we stick as close as possible to the original recipe,” explains Scotty Schuder, owner of Paris’s tiki den, Dirty Dick. To update the Don the Beachcomber recipe for modern palates, Schuder simply swaps lime juice for lemon and dials back the honey mix to account for the concentrated sweetness of crème de peche.
- 1 1/4 ounces Plantation 3 Stars white rum
- 1/2 ounce honey mix (1:1 honey:water)
- 1/2 ounce Merlet Crème de Peche de Vigne
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 large pineapple chunk
- 6 mint leaves
- 6 ounces crushed ice
Garnish: pineapple wedge, bouquet of fresh mint, powdered sugar and an orchid
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 10 seconds and serve in a snifter glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge, mint, powdered sugar and an orchid.