At their forthcoming revival of New Orleans’ historic Jewel of the South, industry veterans Nick Detrich and Chris Hannah will serve elegant, understated cocktails like this brandy-based Second Line Season.
Second Line Season
Nick Detrich, Chris Hannah, Jewel of the South | New Orleans
- 2 ounces apple brandy, preferably Lemorton Calvados Reserve
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Amaro Montenegro
- 1 teaspoon Maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes Boker's Bitters
Garnish: apple slices, microplaned nutmeg
- Using a lemon wedge, coat the rim of a wine glass.
- Using the lemon juice, run a fine layer of sugar on half the rim.
- Fill the glass with pebble ice and then arrange 3 to 4 dried apple slices on the inside of the glass.
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with microplaned nutmeg.