As a lower alcohol, softer-hitting drink, Dan Greenbaum’s combination of Amaro Montenegro and fino sherry is a friendly Spain vs. Italy matchup.
- 1 ounce Amaro Montenegro
- 1 ounce fino sherry, preferably Valdespino Inocente
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- soda water (to top)
Garnish: half orange wheel
- Add all ingredients, except soda water, to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake and strain into an ice filled Collins glass.
- Top with soda and garnish with a half orange wheel.