Orlando Franklin McCray “triples down” on the orange flavor profile of his refreshing and aromatic vodka highball by featuring three different ingredients with distinctive approaches to citrus, while enhancing the overall spice notes with a touch of pimento dram.
Several Types of Orange
Orlando Franklin McCray, The Blind Barber | New York, NY
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably Reyka
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce pimento dram
- 1/4 ounce Shrubb J.M. Liqueur d'Orange
- 1/4 ounce Aperol
- Fever-Tree Spiced Orange Ginger Ale, to top
Garnish: orange ribbon
- Combine all the ingredients except the ginger ale in a mixing tin filled with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with chilled Fever-Tree Spiced Orange Ginger Ale, and garnish with an orange ribbon.