In her take on a frozen Pornstar Martini, Wiseman opts for botanical-forward gin instead of the usual vodka. She notes that the addition of Chinola and Licor 43 keep it “nice and boozy”, while an added measure of passion fruit puree and pitted umeboshi (salted Japanese plum) keep the blended drink creamy with an unexpected layer of umami.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Fords
- 1/4 ounce Chinola
- 1/2 ounce Licor 43
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce passionfruit puree
- 1 umeboshi, pitted
- 3 drops Champagne acid (or 2 ounces sparkling wine)
- 1/2 ounce vanilla syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 heaping cup ice
Garnish: edible flower and mint bouquet
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve in your glass of choice.
- Garnish with edible flower and mint bouquet.
Add 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water to a small saucepan. Slice 1 vanilla bean down the center and scrape out the black seeds. Add the seeds and pod to the liquid mixture. Heat over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved completely and mixture has come to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 5min. Remove the pods and place syrup into a container and store in the refrigerator.