The Broken Shaker duo, Elad Zvi and Gabriel Orta, put their own twist on the Cape Codder formula, adding a measure of Cocchi Americano and housemade cranberry vinegar to the vodka base and opting to serve the typically tall drink as a short serve, on the rocks.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce cranberry vinegar (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
Garnish: fresh cranberries, lemon wheel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and a lemon wheel.
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
Combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, and 3⁄4 cup water in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries burst, about 8 to 10 minutes. Refrigerate, covered, for 4 days, then strain out the cranberries. The vinegar will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.