A key element of this Fords Gin-based riff on a Gin Old-Fashioned is that it’s made to minimize water waste. Instead of mixing with ice and then straining over fresh ice, the drink is stirred and served over the same ice. Even extra tools that would require washing—such as a mixing glass and strainer—are minimized.
- 1 1/2 ounce Fords Gin
- ½ ounce pear brandy, preferably Neversink Pear Brandy
- ¼ ounce cinnamon syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 2 dashes grapefruit bitters
Garnish: Dehydrated pear, cinnamon powder
- In a double Old-Fashioned glass, combine all ingredients with ice.
- Stir until chilled and diluted.
- Garnish with dehydrated pear and dust with cinnamon.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 cinnamon sticks
Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and heat until dissolved. Add cinnamon sticks, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks before storing. Once cooled, keep refrigerated.