Leanne Favre’s seaside Martini, the Shuck N’ Jive, served at Clover Club in Brooklyn, is an homage to her Florida roots made with an oyster shell–infused vodka. The vodka is rounded out with a touch of Scottish gin, then stirred with a healthy amount of manzanilla sherry and dry vermouth. It’s best enjoyed with an oyster sidecar.
- 1 1/2 ounces oyster shell–infused vodka (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 1/2 ounces manzanilla sherry, preferably Lustau
- 1/2 ounce gin, preferably Edinburgh Seaside Gin
- 1/2 ounce blanc vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 1 teaspoon seaweed shrub (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: lemon twist, oyster, lemon wedge
- Stir all ingredients to combine.
- Serve in a chilled Nick & Nora glass with a lemon twist.
- Enjoy it with an oyster sidecar and lemon wedge.