The inspiration for this slightly herbal, large-format Martini came from the unorthodox combination of green Chartreuse and hot chocolate. “This is basically the Martini version of that,” explains Schramm, of his blend of gin, blanc vermouth, green Chartreuse and mole bitters.
- 10 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth
- 10 ounces water
- 3 3/4 ounces blanc vermouth, preferably Cap Corse
- 1 1/4 ounce green Chartreuse
- 25 drops Bittermens Molé Bitters
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in a 750ml bottle and store in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, pour into a chilled coupe and garnish with an orange twist.