At the Denver location of Death & Co., the Silhouettes has recently “soared in popularity,” according to bar manager Jake Powell. The Gimlet riff adds Empirical Spirits’ Plum, I Suppose (a bright, floral spirit), vanilla syrup and grenadine to the template, putting an unexpected twist on the classic.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably St. George Terroir
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Empirical Spirits’ Plum, I Suppose
- 1/2 ounce vanilla syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/4 ounce grenadine
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
250 grams white sugar
250 grams hot water
1 vanilla bean