Blood & Sand, a private cocktail club, offers 10 variations on the classic cocktail for which it is named—and original aside, this is the most popular version. “Shake the crap out of it so you get a good froth,” advises founder and advisory board member, T.J. Vytlacil. “If you’re not sweating, you’re not doing it right.”
- 1 ounce lemon- and ginger-infused Scotch (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 ounce Lillet Rouge
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce Cherry Heering
- 1 egg white
Garnish: lemon peel and 2 or 3 drops Bitter Truth lemon bitters
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Cover and dry shake for 15 seconds, without ice.
- Add ice, cover again and shake vigorously for 25 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist and bitters.
To make the lemon- and ginger-infused Scotch, pour one bottle of Dewar's 12 Year Old Scotch over 3 bags each of ginger and lemon tea into a large jar. Allow to steep for 2 hours, then remove the tea bags.