Amidst Silver Lyan’s menu of party drinks—Appletinis, Jell-O shots and more—the Martini service is, by comparison, restrained. But even though it’s not as Technicolor as the rest of the menu, and it isn’t garnished with a balloon, the drink’s sleek Martini glass and selection of garnishes still make for an indulgent serve. This recipe is for the 50/50, one of four Martini styles available on the menu.
Silver Service 50/50 Martini
Vlad Novikov | Washington, D.C.
- 1 ounce gin, preferably Ford’s Gin
- 1 ounce house vermouth blend (1:1, Dolin dry vermouth to Cocchi Americano)
- 1 dash absinthe
- 1 dash orange bitters
Garnish: pickled cocktail onions, olives, a lemon peel and an oyster
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a Martini glass.
- Serve with a dish of pickled cocktail onions, olives, a lemon peel and an oyster.