Demi Natoli’s Sitting Pretty is a tropical highball, bursting with bright citrus flavor from Fever-Tree Sparkling Pink Grapefruit soda along with fresh lime, mint and coconut. Natoli thinks of it as a Mojito meets a Paloma by way of a Saoco, a Cuban cocktail made with local rum, lime, ice, sugar and coconut water. You want a coconut water with around 20 grams of sugar per serving, like Iberia or Goya, both of which can be found in the Hispanic products section of most grocery stores.
- Fresh mint
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1:1 sugar:water)
- 2 ounces Plantation 3 Stars rum
- 1 ounce coconut water
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce Fever-Tree Sparkling Pink Grapefruit (chilled)
Garnish: lime wedge
- In the bottom half of a mixing tin, add the mint and simple syrup and muddle to combine.
- Add rum, coconut water and lime. Fill with ice and shake until chilled.
- Add the grapefruit soda to a Collins glass and fill the glass with fresh ice.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the glass and give it a quick stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.