For his Smoke Flowers, Orlando Franklin McCray looked to the Chrysanthemum cocktail—a relatively obscure classic made with dry vermouth, Bénédictine and absinthe—for inspiration. The rich flavors of apricot liqueur and the Fever-Tree Smoky Ginger Ale complement each other in this complex long drink.
- 1 1/2 ounces dry vermouth, preferably La Quintinye Extra Dry
- 1/2 ounce Bénédictine
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apricot liqueur, preferably Giffard Abricot du Roussillon
- Fever-Tree Smoky Ginger Ale, to top
Garnish: dehydrated lemon wheel
- Combine all the ingredients except the ginger ale in a mixing tin filled with ice, and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with chilled Fever-Tree Smoky Ginger Ale.
- Garnish with a dehydrated lemon wheel.