Toasting mild pulla chili pepper unleashes a charred, fruity flavor that falls into perfect harmony when paired with mango, coconut and lime. Use this salt as a rim on spicy Margaritas, Daiquiris and more.
Smoky Coconut-Mango Salt
Style out your salt rim.
- 1 pulla or guajillo chili
- 3 tablespoons crushed sweetened, toasted coconut chips
- 2 tablespoons crushed freeze-dried mango
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest from 1 lime
- Toast the chili in a small sauté pan over medium heat, turning occasionally until lightly charred, 3 minutes.
- De-stem and de-seed the chili, and add to the spice grinder along with the coconut and mango.
- Pulse to grind into a powder.
- Stir together with the salts and lime zest.