Tinto de Verano, translated as “summer red wine,” is one of the most popular wine-based beverages in Spain. At New York restaurant Socarrat, the pitcher-sized drink is meant for a group to share.
- 10 ounces red wine, preferably grenache or pinot noir
- 10 ounces lemon soda, such as Kas Limón, Sprite or 7UP (for a less sweet version, use club soda)
- 2 ounces vermouth, optional
Garnish: 4 slices of lemon
- Fill a large pitcher halfway with ice.
- Add the red wine.
- Add the lemon soda.
- Stir the mixture gently until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the lemon garnish to the mix. For a stronger drink, add the vermouth.