First developed when Ivy Mix was working at Brooklyn’s Fort Defiance, the Sonambula followed her to Clover Club, ultimately becoming a permanent fixture on the Leyenda menu. To a base of jalapeño-infused tequila, mole and Peychaud’s bitters add an elevated brightness, drawing out the nuanced notes of the chamomile tea.
- 2 ounces jalapeño-infused blanco tequila, preferably Cimarron (see Editor's Note)
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce chamomile tea syrup (2:1, sugar:chamomile tea)
- 2 dashes mole bitters, preferably Bittermens
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
Garnish: lemon wheel
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a coupe and garnish with a lemon wheel.
Place three sliced jalapeños per liter bottle. Let sit for 10-20 minutes before straining out the solids.