This take on the Detroit classic, the Hummer, replaces the usual vanilla ice cream with coconut cream sorbet, and the white rum and Kahlua with burnt cinnamon-infused aged rum.
- 2 ounces burnt cinnamon-infused Zacapa rum (see Editor's Note)
- 2 scoops (4 to 5 ounces) sweetened coconut cream sorbet, preferably So Delicious
- 1/4 vanilla bean, using just the seeds scraped from the pod
Garnish: grated nutmeg, silly straw
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tiki glass, add a silly straw and top with grated nutmeg.
To make burnt cinnamon-infused Zacapa rum: Break 3 1/2 ounces of cinnamon bark into small pieces and place in a heat-resistant pan. Using a butane torch, slowly toast and burn the cinnamon bark until it becomes slightly smoky, like an ember (do not allow the cinnamon bark to catch fire). Allow the bark to cool to room temperature and combine with one 750ml bottle of Zacapa 23 rum in a glass container. Let the mixture infuse for 3 to 4 days before double straining to remove the bark.