In an American ode to the Pisco Sour, New York City bartender Pamela Wiznitzer adds the kitschy (and utterly delightful) element of blue Curaçao to color this cocktail bright cerulean blue. A layer of egg white lays a thick, frothy blanket over which Peychaud’s bitters are dashed to create the star-spangled affect of red, white and blue.
- 2 1/2 ounces pisco (preferably Porton)
- 3/4 ounce blue curaçao
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1 egg white
Garnish: Peychaud's bitters
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake without ice.
- Add ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Drop a dash or two of Peychaud's bitters over top to garnish.